Tuesday 9 June 2015

My Week In Books Number.... Ok....I Lost Count...

So this week, I've been reading (no big surprise there...) but this time a couple of things you might not expect.


Top of the pile is Christopher Fowler's Bryant & May novel White Corridor. True to my last article... I'm still hooked on this series...

Below that you'll possibly be a bit surprised to see I'm giving the Game Of Thrones series a go! I know, I'm a little late to the party on this one but I'm up to date with the TV show, so thought it's time to do the right thing and get back on the fantasy fiction bus that I jumped clear of almost twenty years ago!  So far so good....

Next up, I've just started Agatha Christie's The Big Four, in Penguin of course, for that authentic book geek look on the train....

Next on reading pile is an early birthday pressies from my in-laws, who, with collusion and shelf checking by my wife, managed to find a book to add to my collection on the subject of London that I didn't already have: Lost London 1870-1945 by Philip Davies

The final surprise out of the literary bag this week is The New Yorker.... Yes, I know, not actually books per-se, but I gave myself the treat of a subscription recently and there is some great fiction and current affairs writing in there, as well of loads of cartoons, (most of which you'll only get if you read American newspapers everyday...which I don't...) 

So that's what I'm reading this week, and for the short term future too... How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment